Tuesday, November 4, 2008
WEB TV SHOW
Hi fellow bloggers and readers, I wanted to let you know about a new concept that is being launched. I have been contacted by CBS, they are promoted a new concept at CBS.com. The show is, Novel Adventures. It can only be viewed on the internet. It is about four women that join a book club and their zany adventures. You can view the press release below. I wouldn't normally promote this, but because it is about a book club. Well, anyone who know me knows what I would do next...... they use the internet to promote their products. This one is Saturn. The TV producers use to do this for old radio and TV shows.
It will be interesting to see what happens. If this concept takes off or stays idle. Well here is a preview from youtube.com.
CBS Interactive announced today a partnership with Saturn to launch its new original scripted Web series "Novel Adventures" from creator Jonathan Prince ("The Cleaner"), who has a first look deal with CBS Interactive’s sister division, CBS Paramount Network Television. The eight-Webisode series will premiere on November 3 exclusively on CBS.com, theInsider.com, and TV.com and stars Daphne Zuniga ("One Tree Hill"), Paola Turbay ("Cane"), Ashley Williams ("How I Met Your Mother") and Jolie Jenkins ("Desperate Housewives").
Each episode will be presented exclusively for a 48-hour window on CBS.com, theInsider.com and TV.com and then roll out across the CBS Audience Network as well as be available on iTunes. Two new Webisodes will be released per week for the first two weeks, followed by a single new Webisode a week for the remainder of the series. NOVEL ADVENTURES will be promoted across CBS Interactive platforms and in prime time on the CBS Television Network.
Set in various locations throughout Los Angeles and shot in high-definition, NOVEL ADVENTURES is the story of four women from different backgrounds and at different stages in their lives who join a Book Club in hopes of escaping the obstacles presented by everyday life. They come together through their shared passion for books at a weekly book club, but quickly realize what they are really looking for is adventure. And so, inspired by a different book each week, the four embark on a variety of adventures that help them fulfill their lives while taking them to a new and exciting place each week.
Following is a list of the eight Webisodes in order of appearance:
• The Sand and Sea Club: To honor Hemingway’s classic tale The Old Man in the Sea, the girls head out for an afternoon of deep-sea fishing and end up with a surf lesson from a male model from Malibu.
• The Fab Four: Sheila Weller’s Ladies of the Canyon (Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon, and Carole King) brings the groupie out in the girls who are determined to live out the life of rock legends.
• Spy Girls: The Bourne Trilogy by Robert Ludlum leads the ladies to Spy School.
• Whodunnit? We dunnit: The Monster of Florence by Douglas Preston is the backdrop for the girl’s chance to find out how to solve mysteries, CSI-style.
• If You Can’t Take the Heat: This adventure is inspired by writer Kathleen Flinn’s book titled The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry. Based on her adventures at Le Cordon Bleu, it leaves the girls starving for an epicurean adventure.
• The Prince and the Perfect Taco: With mixtures of inspiration from Margaret Mitchell’s Gone With the Wind and Knit Two by Kate Jacobs, the sequel to her bestselling book, Friday Night Knitting Club, the girls search for the urban myths of a gypsy taco truck and the perfect man.
• Bare Essentials: Betty Friedan’s autobiography titled Life So Far leads the girls to find their own power, ironically, thru pole dancing classes.
• But You’ve Got to Have Friends: The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Society by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows helps the ladies cap off their book club with a final look at their past experiences and opening the door to more adventures in the future.
DAPHNE ZUNIGA AS LAURA, a recently divorced mother of a teenage son, who having found herself in a rut, looks to shake things up with her new friends.
PAOLA TURBAY AS JOANNA, a single, successful entertainment attorney who must balance the expectations of her career and her mother who just wants her to get married.
ASHLEY WILLIAMS AS LIZZIE, a recently married young woman struggling to cope with life in a new city, a work-a-holic husband, and too much time on her hands.
JOLIE JENKINS AS AMY, a happily married woman who runs a high-end bakery, but is still missing something – a baby -- in her seemingly perfect life.
In addition to watching the series online, viewers are invited to participate in the adventures by visiting www.cbs.com/noveladventures, where they will find bonus content as well as blogs and vlogs organized by character, Webisode and book. A variety of community tools are also available, including:
• Commenting, Rating, & Reviews – Fans can post comments and rate each Webisode, as well as rate and review the books the women read and their adventures
• Suggest a Book – Viewers can submit suggestions for books to be covered in future Webisodes
• Quizzes- A variety of quizzes are available about the books, activities and Webisodes
• Discussion Boards - Forums for discussing the books or authors featured on the show, including chats with the actual authors
• Fan Favorites – Viewers can become a fan of a book and/or author, get reviews, join discussions, and more
Check out my review of Jodi Picoult's novel, Small Great Things https://bagelsbooksandschmooze.blogspot.com/2017/08/small-great-things...
A Walk Across The Sun By Corban Addison Published by Sterling Publishing A Walk Across The Sun takes place in the back drop of I...
Settle for More Megyn Kelly My own copy I didn't have any idea who Megyn Kelly is until the presidential campaign of 201...
Hi blog readers, With a heavy heart I am trying to find a new family that would love him, and pamper him. I need a locate a new home ...