Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Brain Workout


I have been working out my brain too much lately. Finally the end of the rainbow is near. I can take a breather. I had my exam on the brain and I did well.

We had our practical exam today. I thought I was ready for it. It was on the muscles, insertion and origin of the muscles, brain, nervous system, eye and ear and receptors.

First off, I thought we also had to study the cranial nerves. It turns out I did not have to study this until our quiz next Tuesday. Unfortunately, I did not hear her. Like last time I was so focused in class on what we were doing I did not hear her say anything. If I knew this I would have had more time to study for the insertion and origin of the muscles.

When it came to the exam I thought I was doing quite well. I studied those muscles up and down literally and thought I knew them top to bottom. But when it came to the muscles of the leg. I totally confused myself. I know I did not get them.

She takes off for misspelled words. The exam was 100 questions. I know at least 15 of them I got wrong between naming the muscles and knowing the insertion and origin. But the parts of the microscopic muscle, parts of the neuron, eye, ear and receptors I felt I knew. I will find out by Tuesday how I did.

I fair much better on lecture exams than lab practicals. Especially when it comes to muscles and bones.

Next Tuesday we have a quiz on the cramial nerves which I pretty much studied for. As you can still imagine I have to study during Thanksgiving. My last exam in the first semester of A/P is a take home test.

I Don't want you to think this will be a cinch. I have Dr. Schell she is pretty tough. I know because I had her in Medical Terminology. Her last exam was a take home test then and it was difficult. I am sure it will be the same this time around.

Everyone in the class except myself and one of my lab partner's are not happy about this because I would rather take the test. A take home test first of all you don't learn anything. You are just scrounging for the answers.

This coming Tuesday we will have a quiz on cranial nerves. Then our take home test, the week after our final exam. Don't forget add math and public speaking to the mix.

G-d please help me. This semester has been so stressful with work and school and the house. It has just been too much. Then I have to repeat the same thing next semester with the rest of A/P which contains the rest of the body systems.

Sometimes I wonder if I am crazy going back to school at my age

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

You're not crazy for going back to school! My son has work to do over the holiday too.

Check out my Review of Small Great Things

Check out my review of Jodi Picoult's novel, Small Great Things https://bagelsbooksandschmooze.blogspot.com/2017/08/small-great-things...