Friday, March 5, 2010

bookstore Adventure

My girlfriend Amy and I went out to lunch. We ate at the only Jewish deli in town. That is about 1/2 hour away. But, when you are from the south everything is distances. We both had Matzoh Ball Soup and a Juicy Brisket Sandwich. What a treat for any Jew.

Let me explain why we traveled that far for lunch. We live in the Grand Strand area of Horry County. The whole area is called Grand Strand it stretches from southern tip of North Carolina to Georgetown S.C.(close to Charleston, SC). There are several towns all around. There is Little River, North Myrtle Beach, Mrytle Beach, Surfside, Murrells Inlet, Garden City. All these small little towns emerge into one city(or area).

We then went to Litchfield books that I don't get to visit often because it is a ride. Usually I go once or twice a year. So, it was a real treat. Like going into the candy store. They are so nice there, they give you personal attention. Not, like Barnes and Noble. I like going in there by the recommendations of books they have read.

I have been good for the last few months. I have not bought any books.But going in the book store is like a little kid going in the candy store. Wow, what books they had. As soon as I walked in, I said, I want you, you, and you. I must counted 10 books I wanted within less than a minute.

I have not been there in a year. My girlfriend, she lives less that 10 minutes from there. She told me she has never bee there. How jealous I am, if I could live so close.

I usually don't walk out of the book store with less than 5. I actually did three that is pretty good. Here is the break down of the books I bought.

Forgotten Garden by Kathy Morton. It was between Forgotten Garden and Brooklyn. Forgotten Garden won hands down. The book seller would not let me walk out of the store with out Forgotten Garden I broke down.
The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermesiter
Finally, the book that I knew about for weeks. I found it. Particullary because I am a science major. This caught my eye.
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

All three of those books look great - enjoy!