Thursday, December 9, 2010

South Carolina is Cold!!!

This is the second year that we are actually cold, I  mean C-O-L-D!!  The last few years I did not mind the cold. But this year, maybe because I am getting older. I am feeling like the retirees that live here.  I used to not mind the cold.  But, I do now.  It is suppose to be cold till Friday and then warm up!!! Haleluah!!!

Last year I moved to a new apartment that has a fireplace. Since it has gotten cold( I am talking about the teens) we started using the fireplace.  It was so nice and warm and toasty.  Our cat, is just sitting in front of the fireplace contented.  What a warm and cozy feeling.

Yesterday I felt a sore throat, coming on.    So today was a good  cooking day for my cold. The good aromas of Chicken Soup, for me  and beef stew for David.

 Then after all the cooking I did I sat down to a old fashioned movie. Then after I will hit the books for a few hours. I am wrapping myself in my PJ's and a blanket.

 In my reading life, I am reading a good" grab me book" for our book club. The book is The Girl She Used to Be. I am enjoying reading it.

Keep Warm everybody

3 comments:

Marie said...

hope you feel better & it warms up!

Carolina Gal's Literary Cafe said...

I am sure it must be colder where you are. How is the weather in Boston? I waiting for the cold, to totally hit me. I just have a few sneezes and sore throat. I am hoping that is all I get. Especially now, that I have two exams coming up Monday.

Jew Wishes said...

Ah, chicken soup...it cures the cold we feel from the weather, and so many other issues.

Shabbat Shalom.

Check out my Review of Small Great Things

Check out my review of Jodi Picoult's novel, Small Great Things https://bagelsbooksandschmooze.blogspot.com/2017/08/small-great-things...