Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Best B-day present to a Book Blogger

I just recieved the best gift a book blogger, and book lover, and a bibliophile can ever wish for. Today, Febuary 2nd on my birthday. A email was sent to me, I am going to be one of the many book givers on April 23rd.

You still have a chance to become a book giver, it has been extended to Febuary 6th. If you would like to be a giver go to the website.

I am so excited!!! I can't believe it. Little ole me. When thousands of people put in their applications.  You may be wondering, what is a book giver? How are they picked? What is it?

 I would love to give, and share my love of books to the less priviledged children, and adults. I work in Walgreen's and see many under priveledged children and adults. I would love to pass on my love of books to them. It is not easy being poor, lots of money issues, stress, violence, they can't think of buying a book, or going to a library.

  A book is a great way to escape the sadness, depression, and stress of being poor.  Who knows maybe a book in the hand may change that young person's life.

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Hooray for you! I applied, but I guess I wasn't picked.

Carolina Gal's Literary Cafe said...

Not necessarily so, they extended it to 2/6, and then decide.

I am sure there are more people more deserving than myself. I don't know what the qualifying factors are. But, I am so excited, there are many a time that I wanted to share my love of reading with someone, and for them to get excited.

Marie said...

Congratulations! I'm still waiting to hear. I'm so happy for you Susan!

Check out my Review of Small Great Things

Check out my review of Jodi Picoult's novel, Small Great Things https://bagelsbooksandschmooze.blogspot.com/2017/08/small-great-things...