Friday, June 1, 2012

She's Back- Oprah's Book Club 2.0



Oprah just announced online her decision to resurrect her book club. But, this time she want's to make it interactive through social media, re-naming it Oprah Book Club 2.0.

Her first pick is the memoir, Wild by Cheryl Strayed. Oprah's brand will be on the digital version. It will be interactive on the e-reader. Meaning, she will have discussions, and notes in the digital version of the book. That sounds very interesting. On the sidelines I am assuming her thoughts of different passages. Digitals books, will have Kindle, Nook, and Google, etc.

 The memoir sounds a bit like, Eat, Pray Love.   A woman on a journey, to find answers and find herself.  I don't like to compare books, and judge a book. Since I have not read it.  I did read the excerpts of Wild in a magazine, More.  What I was reading grabbed me.  I will tell you, I did not like Eat, Pray Love. 

At first I was very excited that Oprah was resurrected her book club.  But, then I savored it, and marinated a bit in my head. Unless, I misunderstood this means it will not be televised.  Her book club will be through social network only. I am hoping I am wrong, but when I saw the video of her explaining what she plans to do. She never talked about it on OWN.

I am hoping she will do both, televised and social media. Perhaps I am reading into it. We will have to just see on Monday, when it is launched.

If any of you can let me know if I misunderstood. I would appreciate it, Thank You. Just leave your comments.

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

This gives me a good excuse to buy Wild!

Irene said...

I'm afraid I never really got into Oprah's book club stuff, so I cannot help you, I should hope she'd like to televise it. That would make sense.

Marie said...

we'll see. it looks interesting!

Carolina Gal's Literary Cafe said...

You are so right! I am working tomorrow, so I won't be able to catch it tomorrow. Hope to hear what happens though.

Check out my Review of Small Great Things

Check out my review of Jodi Picoult's novel, Small Great Things https://bagelsbooksandschmooze.blogspot.com/2017/08/small-great-things...