Friday, March 3, 2017

Book Review: Orphan #8





I am updating all my reviews. Some of the books I can't give you the details. What I remember is that a tragedy unfolds. The children are sent away to a Jewish foster home. They are separated which makes the story sad. At the same time the story seemed like a parallel to the holocaust. As experiments were done to the children in the foster home. When she grows up. She works a nurse. She is confronted with one of her patients. Her elderly patient is now in her care. She was a doctor. She did experiments on the children. She is reminded of the experiments when she is confronted. The entire theme to me was about can you forgive? Or do you do the deadly crime? Reminded me of Simon Wisenthal. When he was confronted with someone that assisted with the holocaust. You will just have to read the book to decide. It is full of historical truths of the foster home.

The author used some of her family background to write the story. I particularly didn't like the book. Because it was sad. I usually do like to read historical fiction but not this one. But, if you want to learn about the living conditions of the Jewish home than this book is for you. Thank goodness conditions in the Jewish home don't happen any longer.

 photo POSTSIG_zpsbfb68bd5.png

No comments: