Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Book Review: Daughter of a Daughter of a Queen





Daughter of a Daughter
 of a Queen
By Sarah Bird

Copy courtesy from St. Martin



I was excited to read the novel, Daughter of a Daughter of Queen. I loved the synopsis of the novel. It is about a black woman. Who lived in Missouri. She was told she was a descendant of a proud African nation.  She was taken from her home to be a cook in the army for the troops. After the Civil War is over many of the slaves. Who worked in the Civil War have a choice. Either move back to the south where that part of the country was racist. Or move up north where you are well welcome.

I couldn't connect to the book or the characters. I gave it 200 pages and then gave up. I love historical fiction. I can't tell you why. But, I just didn't particularly like the book. Thank you St. Martin for allowing me to review. Unfortunately the book didn't do anything for me.



 photo POSTSIG_zpsbfb68bd5.png

No comments: