Sunday, January 31, 2021

The Push: Grab the Book







The Push
By Ashley Audrain
Purchased copy 





This month GMA picked the book, The Push.  I checked out the book, I was intrigued. The novel is personal for me. 

Mothers, Grandmothers, Aunts, will connect to the storyline. The book is a thriller, spine-tingler, and domestic thriller. 

After reading, The Push I want to grab anyone who wants to listen to me rant and rave about the book. There is a lot to unpack from the book and discuss.   No wonder GMA picked the book. I can see the book being discussed at book clubs across America,  Mommy groups, therapy groups, etc. Wow! So much to think about. 

If you are pregnant don't pick up the book. It will haunt you and bring chills down your spine. 


Wow, what a book to read... Domestic thriller, intense, spine-tingler, page-turner, and keep you up all hours of the night. This is to name a few. Besides the book is a thriller. It actually has real-life issues on marriage and raising children. The Push is a book that will create great discussion in Mommy groups, therapy groups, etc.

This is a book I want to shout out off the rooftops. The book is personal even 30 years later. I used to worry about how I was raising my son.  Was I doing the right thing? If I wasn't could I change it? All the relatives judging your actions, and motives. Was anyone listening to you?
Belittling your fears and brushing them off saying don't worry it's nothing.

The story is about Blythe, and Fox, and their daughter, Violet, and Sam. The history of Blythe as a young child and growing into a woman. What she went through with her mother's peculiar behavior.  Does it carry on to motherhood? Nature vs nurture how do you deal with it? How it carried on to her adult life and marriage. If they were able to handle their marriage after tragedy strikes. How do they pick up the pieces after? Fox doesn't believe anything that Blythe tells him about their daughter. Instead, he brushes it off, it's the hormones. I don't want to tell you too much because I am afraid I will give too much away. But, the fact the author writes a story about the fears, and anxiety of motherhood and marriage after pregnancy. What happens if the child you thought would be the perfect child is not. And all the fears you have are coming true and your husband and family don't believe you. Your worst nightmare is coming true as a mother. What do you do?
 

Warning: There is a twist at the very last sentence it will stun you! 



















photo POSTSIG_zpsbfb68bd5.png





No comments: