Monday, October 22, 2018

Book Review: What Happened








What Happened
By Hillary Rodham Clinton
Simon &Schuester
Purchased copy


I will tell you right off. I am not a HC fan. But after reading this book. I have become to appreciate, and respect her. I didn't follow politics until 2016. I voted yes, I followed my father, and his beliefs. Knowing what I know now. I probably leaned democrat.

I am a retired nurse. Anyone that practices nursing and cares for clients in the city hospitals. You don't look at someone's skin color, or religion, or sexual orientation. But, also working in the city hospital of NYC. You learn not to pay attention to that. Also, it  took me 58 years to realize. I am a bleeding heart liberal. I believe in equality for everyone. I was mortified that our constitution has the double standard. It is written, these truths...... I have a difficult time understanding why there is a double standard for equality. Why even still are voting laws for Afro-American is still suppressed. Which flabbergasts me. Since 1964 the civil rights law was written into law by Johnson. Anyway, enough already about that.

In 2016 I wanted Bernie Sanders to win. Unfortunately, you realize of course that didn't happen. Instead it was a presidential race between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. I thought from the beginning it was a joke. The media went crazy and made it into a media frenzy. The more I saw Donald Trump and he's reckless ideas. The more I didn't want him to win the presidency. He is reckless, doesn't have character, not presidential, impulsive, dangerous, and the list goes on.

Since Bernie didn't win. I felt the lesser of two evils was Hillary. I still think that in 2018. The only thing I realize now. She wouldn't have been able to get anything done as a democrat. Because the house and senate was Republican majority. We are so partisan now. I doubt anything would have gotten done.

Hillary Clinton wrote a memoir to explain her presidential race against Donald Trump. She explains her emails and the FBI was her down fall. She feels she was a scapegoat. I have no answer to that. She does state that there was no law that she couldn't use her husband's server. There was other Sec. of State that did exactly the same thing without repercussions. The only reason it was made an issue because she was a woman. She states she Whad the high rating as well. She says that it was a double standard because of her. Why was the emails brought up again, and again. But, never made an issue when there was suspicions of Trump and the Russians. It was known weeks before the FBI released info. Also, I think there was a problem with NSA, CIA, FBI, and etc. They were working against each other. There was a lot of blame going around. But, she doesn't agree. She went to the battle states she claims. She states her staff were wonderful and did everything she could do.

Also, I think everything the democratic party believed was opposite Trump and his base believed. They attacked her, no matter what. There was an incident where Trump kept raising the issue to keep fossil fuel. So, of course she had to say that the job market in coal, and industry is bleak. What is out there is sit down jobs in service, not manufacturing. She said something she shouldn't have said. She regrets it. But, she was damned if she did, and damned if she didn't.

Now, she has picked up the pieces and go on with her life. She has her husband( former Pres, Bill Clinton), her daughter( Chelsea), her grandchildren, and her faith that helps her go day to day. She is very thankful to her staff. She is hopeful that the grassroots will rise up, and continue to hold President Trump and the Republican party accountable. The only way you can become united is to unify all the groups. Don't let them divide us.

What Happened was an easy read. It was like I was sitting down for coffee with a friend. I would have liked to say, I'm sorry Hillary. You did your best! I recommend this to anyone that is interested in politics. Not just democrats but anyone that is interested to making USA unified again. It is" We", not "Me".


I give What Happened








 photo POSTSIG_zpsbfb68bd5.png

No comments: