Sunday, February 9, 2020

When the Crawdads Sing










When the Crawdads Sing
By Delia Owens



I have been looking forward to reading The Crawdads Sing. So on that note. It wasn't what I expected. I was expecting the hype to live up to it. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. I was sent a galley from the publisher.

I thought the story was unique and wonderful. The writing is lush and poetic. The story itself is a good start. But as I am reading, and reading. I realize the story is not realistic. There are many instances where I thought. This can't really happen. I realize it is fiction.  So much of the story was contrived and forced. Especially at the end of the story. Where I finally had to say, really. I was so invested in the book. I felt like I was played by the author.

Many of you I understand loved it. I am sorry, but I didn't.


 photo POSTSIG_zpsbfb68bd5.png

No comments: